Emergency United States passports are issued to applicants who have immediate travel and cannot wait to receive a regular full-validity passport before traveling. Situations in which an emergency passport can be issued include replacement of passports that have been recently lost or stolen and cases of life or death (i.e., serious illnesses, injuries, or deaths in your immediate family) when travel must be undertaken before a regular passport would be processed (which is typically 7-10 business days).
You can go to the U.S. Embassy Belmopan website to make an appointment to apply for an emergency United States passport, and make an appointment for the first available appointment date. If you cannot obtain an appointment before your date of travel, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an expedited appointment. Be advised that arriving at the Embassy without a scheduled appointment or calling ahead may result in significant delays before you are allowed to enter the building.
To apply for an emergency passport, you must apply in person at the Embassy with the following:
- – The appropriate completed application(s) and form(s), not yet signed. Note: You must list a local address in Belize as the mailing address even if you are here only temporarily (such as an hotel).
- – Form DS-64, filled out but not yet signed if you are replacing a lost or stolen United States passport and have not already reported it online.
- – One U.S. passport-sized photo (2 in x 2 in). Note: Be very clear when having photos taken in Belize that you need U.S. passport-sized photos as Belizean passport-sized photos are incorrect.
- – Proof of identity (a government issued photo ID). If you have been issued a United States passport previously, the consular officer may be able to find this record electronically.
- – Proof of U.S. citizenship (an original U.S. long form birth certificate or previous U.S. passport). If you have been issued a United States passport previously, the consular officer may be able to find this record electronically.
- – Cash or credit card to pay the appropriate fees.