Adult passport holders may renew their 10-year U.S. passports in person or by mail. We reserve the right to request an interview with respect to any passport application. If choosing to apply in person, please schedule an appointment.
To renew your passport by mail:
- Go to pptform.state.gov, follow the Passport Application Wizard which will create a DS-82 form with a BARCODE. Print and sign the application.
- NOTE: If the wizard does not create a DS-82 for you, you are not eligible to renew your passport via mail. Please schedule an appointment to apply in person.
- Gather all required documentation.
- Signed DS-82
- Two recent 2″ x 2″ passport photos. More information here.
- Most recent passport. This passport will be cancelled and returned by mail along with the new passport. Valid visas and immigration stamps in the old passport will not be cancelled.
- One photocopy of your passport bio page.
- Fee payment of $260 BZD. We will only accept a local bank draft made out to ‘U.S. Embassy’ from one of the banks below:
- Atlantic Bank
- Belize Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Arrange for Delivery of your new passport.
- Mail your application package to us via SPEED IT/DHL. Visit a SPEED IT/DHL office to ship your application to us. Our address is:
U.S. Passport Section
U.S. Embassy Belize
4 Floral Park Road
Renewal-by-mail service is NOT available if you are:
- A minor (under 16 years old)
- Replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated passport
- Renewing a 5-year passport.
- Applicants whose passport has been expired for more than five years.
These applicants must make an appointment to apply in person.