Effective December 27, 2021, the passport security surcharge fee will change from $60.00 to $80.00.  Subsequently, the fee for obtaining a U.S. passport will increase by $20.00.

The Department of State periodically adjusts consular fees to reflect U.S. government costs in providing a consular service.  This fee change reflects steady increases in passport security-related costs.

Actions to Take:

  • Visit the Passport Fees page at for the most up-to-date information.
  • Use the Fee Calculator to find out how much your passport application will cost.
  • Visit the U.S. Embassy Belize webpage on Passports for information on how to apply for a U.S. passport in Belize.

Renew Your Passport Early!

Renew your passport early to make sure you have enough blank pages for visa  stamps from other countries. Some require two blank pages for entry and exit.

See for more information on entry, exit, and foreign visa requirements.

For general information on passports and their requirements, see the passport page on

NOTE:  If you are applying for your child’s first passport and your child was born outside the United States, you must first apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for your child.  Please click here for more information on the process to apply for a CRBA.

Select The Passport Service You Require:

Apply for or Renew a U.S. Passport In Person     

Adult Passport Renewals via DHL

Lost or Stolen Passport

Passport Delivery

Emergency Passport