Event: Multiple United Airlines repatriation flights and re-opening of Philip Goldson International Airport.
The Government of Belize has announced Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) will reopen for commercial flights on Thursday October 1, 2020. United Airlines and the Government of Belize will continue to provide repatriation flights from Belize City to Houston, TX until PGIA opens. Repatriation flight UA 2421 departs Belize each Friday at 13:55 pm and arrives in Houston, TX at 17:32 pm September 11, 18, and 25. An additional flight on Monday September 7, 2020, United Airlines Flight UA 3049 departs Belize at 13:55 pm and arrives in Houston, TX at 17:32 pm. Please make a reservation directly with United Airlines at www.United.com.
United Airlines is providing these repatriation flights for U.S. citizens, family members, and other third-country nationals departing Belize. If you would like to depart Belize, please make a reservation directly with United Airlines at www.United.com. For more information or to change a prior United reservation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp message to +501 614-2613. Please note, these flights are not intended for short-term visitors or tourists. Please send questions or requests for additional information to BelmopanUSCitizen@state.gov. Be aware that flights are subject to change.
For passengers making flight reservations:
- All passengers must contact American Citizen Services by email at BelmopanUSCitizen@state.gov and send the following information:
- Type of U.S. travel document (Passport/ESTA/Visa/Legal Permanent Resident Card)
- If you are traveling with a pet please visit United.com to review United Airlines current policy on traveling with pets.
- All other questions concerning this flight please contact American Citizen Services by email at email@example.com.
The Government of Belize has announced that Philip Goldson International Airport will reopen on Thursday October 1, 2020. All travelers should stay informed of travel requirements into Belize. Please monitor information from the Government of Belize Press Office https://www.pressoffice.gov.bz/press-releases/, the Belize Tourism Board www.belizetourismboard.org and the Government of Belize Ministry of Foreign Affairs for details.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Beliz
ConsulBelize@state.gov or ACSBelize@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter