Event: Opening of Belize land and sea borders to foreign tourists on May 31, 2021
The Government of Belize announced the re-opening of Belize’s land and sea borders to receive foreign tourists. The land borders at Santa Elena (Mexico) and Benque Viejo del Carmen (Guatemala), as well as sea borders at Corozal, San Pedro, and Punta Gorda will reopen on May 31, 2021, but only for those who wish to visit Belize for recreation and vacation purposes and are pre-booked at gold standard certified accommodations.
All travelers to Belize including children 5 years and older must present one of the following:
- Official COVID-19 Vaccination Card reflecting the receipt of the dual or single dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival.
- A negative Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 96 hours of travel, OR Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, ABBOTT (Panbio) test taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel.
If neither is presented, you can take a Covid-19 test upon arrival. Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test. Please note that all arriving passengers who test positive will be placed in mandatory quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at the passengers’ expense. It is therefore recommended that you obtain travel insurance prior to your trip to Belize.
Please visit the Belize Tourism Board website if you have additional questions or for more details.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for up to date information
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.