Event: This message is to make you aware of two possible upcoming repatriation flights departing from Belize. First, there are seats available on a confirmed WestJet Airlines flight departing from Belize City to Toronto, Canada on Wednesday May 6. See the information below from the Honorary Consulate of Canada for additional requirements for non-Canadian citizens who are considering purchasing tickets on this flight.
Secondly, the U.S. Embassy is working closely with United Airlines and the Government of Belize to provide another repatriation flight to the United States and will disseminate the details as soon as the flight is confirmed.
The safety and security of American citizens is our highest responsibility. If you have any questions, please contact the U.S. Embassy Belmopan American Citizen Services Unit at ACSBelize@state.gov.
Special direct flight to Canada on WestJet May 6: You may book now! INFORMATION FOR U.S. AND UK CITIZENS SEEKING TO TRANSIT HOME:
BZE to YYZ, May 6, 2020, 14:00 – WestJet FLIGHT#WS3929
Given the ongoing suspension of international flights leaving Belize, the High Commission of Canada to Belize has coordinated with the local authorities to arrange for the provision of a repatriation flight from Belize City (Ladyville) to Toronto, Canada. This flight is scheduled to depart Philip Goldson International Airport in Ladyville, Belize (BZE) going to the Toronto-Pearson International Airport (YYZ) at 14:00 on Wednesday May 6 (WestJet, FLIGHT#WS3929). The cost of this flight is approximately CAD$710.
The WestJet website is available for booking at www.westjet.com (do not use the WestJet application).
- When you book online at www.westjet.com/en-ca/index, on the main booking page there is a link for “Apply discount code”
- Click on “Apply discount code” this link and add coupon code “BZEHOME”, click apply.
- Select BZE / Belize and YYZ / Toronto, date of May 6 (click ‘get flights’)
When booking, please upload your passport information on the WestJet website to facilitate the check-in process. Passengers are required to book their onward flight or transportation from Toronto as required. Once your reservation is made, please send an email to Belize-City@international.gc.ca to inform Canadian authorities that you have a confirmed booking and share your passport information, including nationality, number, expiry date and date of birth for you and your co-travelers which is necessary for the Canadian Border Services Agency. For travellers with special needs, you may also call 1-888-WESTJET for information and assistance. If you do not have access to the internet, ask a family member or a friend to purchase the ticket on your behalf.
- You must be in possession of a valid passport in order to travel.
- Bring your own non-medical mask or face covering and wear it as directed by authorities to your final destination. A mask will not be provided at the airport. For further information and guidance, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/instructions-sew-no-sew-cloth-face-covering.html.
- If you present with symptoms related to COVID-19, WestJet will deny your boarding in order to ensure the safety of other passengers on the plane.
- WestJet will permit each passenger on this flight one (1) standard carry-on item of maximum 10 kg and one (1) 23-kg piece of checked luggage. The weight limit and amount of luggage will be strictly enforced.
- If you are not a Canadian Citizen, U.S. Citizen, or Permanent Resident of Canada, you must have a valid Visa or electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. The Consulate cannot issue these documents. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html
FOR U.S. AND UK CITIZENS
For foreign nationals seeking to transit through Canada to another country, if you arrive in Canada by air, you must stay on the airside (i.e. not leave the airport) and you must depart within 24 hours on your next flight and you can not transit within Canada. Your connecting flight must go to a destination outside Canada. Your travel must be deemed essential. If for some reason you are unable to depart within 24 hours, you will be required to quarantine in a Canadian facility for 14 days before departing. Currently there are limited international flights departing Canada. You may wish to look at whether you can find an onward flight given these considerations.
If you choose to book this flight, please provide Belize-City@international.gc.ca the following information for each passenger immediately after booking in order that we may confirm your eligibility to board the flight
- Date of Birth:
- Passport Number:
- Country issuing Passport:
- Passport Date of Expiry:
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, do you have a valid Visa or eTA?
- Reason for entering Canada and onward flight information:
- Email and phone number we can contact you at if we need further information:
Transport Canada (TC) has implemented measures requiring air operators to verify that all travellers have a removable cloth face covering available for use during their trip, even if the travellers are not showing any symptoms. When travelling by air, all passengers will be asked to cover their mouth and nose where possible and must do so when a two-meter distance between them and others cannot be observed. Travelers who do not have one available for their trip will be denied entry into the sterile area or boarding on the aircraft. It is the travellers’ responsibility to bring the required cloth face covering to the airport. They will not be provided with one if they do not have one.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
ConsulBelize@state.gov or ACSBelize@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook