September 16, 2021
Event: Updated Curfew Hours and COVID-19 Restrictions.
In response to increasing numbers of COVID-19 infections, the Government of Belize has announced additional curfew and movement restrictions in Belize, which will begin at midnight on Sunday, September 19, 2021.
- A daily curfew will be in effect from 7:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m., with the exception of San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Placencia, and Hopkins, where the curfew hours remain 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. Persons violating curfew hours will be fined.
- Restaurants will only be open for take-out service, with the exception of the tourist areas of San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Placencia, and Hopkins.
- All casinos are closed.
- All churches are closed for in-person worship.
- Contact sports are prohibited.
- September 26 and October 3 will be “no movement days,” except for medical emergencies or for the purchase of fuel, food, or medication.
Please stay informed of all Government of Belize announcements related to pandemic conditions and continue to follow COVID-19 mitigation guidelines, such as frequent hand washing, wearing a protective facial mask, social distancing, and self-isolating if you experience symptoms or are exposed to COVID-19. Please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Belize.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. We strongly encourage all travelers to Belize to purchase travel insurance that would cover medivac transportation to the USA.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address.