Location: Entry into the United States
Event: Temporary Suspension on the Importation of Dogs into the United States. On June 14, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a Notice of Temporary Suspension of Dogs Entering the United States from High-Risk Rabies Countries suspending the importation of dogs from countries classified by the CDC, as high risk for dog rabies, including Belize AND from countries that are NOT at high risk, but if the dogs have been in high-risk countries during the previous six months.
Actions to Take:
- Eligible individuals can apply for a CDC Dog Import Permit.
- For more information, please contact CDC or U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter