Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize (12-APR-2020)
Event: The United Airlines repatriation flight previously scheduled for April 14, 2020 has been rescheduled to April 16, 2020. United Airlines flight UA3042 departs Philip Goldson International Airport at 12:00 noon and arrives in Houston at 15:28 pm. Please go to www.United.com for information on the flight. At this time the flight is fully booked, but U.S. citizen travelers seeking to purchase tickets should continue to check the website throughout the week since there may be the possibility of additional seats, depending on the size of the plane.
If you already have a reservation for this flight, please read the attached press release from the Government of Belize announcing steps that you must take in order to depart Belize. These steps include:
- Book your United Airlines flight. Please note all entry requirements to the United States at https://www.usa.gov/enter-us.
- Register with the Government of Belize. As soon as your flight is confirmed, fill out the online form at the link below:
This form must be completed and submitted for any person boarding the flight. One application per traveler is required.
- If you have not previously done so, please contact the U.S. Embassy Belmopan American Citizen Services Unit at BelmopanUSCitizen@state.gov to update them about your departure plans.
Please note that the Government of Belize is working to provide transportation to the airport for all passengers and you will be notified of the process as soon as details are confirmed. If you have any questions concerning transportation, please contact +501-614-7582 between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and provide your name and number or email.
The safety and security of American citizens is our highest responsibility. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the U.S. Embassy Belmopan American Citizen Services Unit at ACSBelize@state.gov .
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
ConsulBelize@state.gov or ACSBelize@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook