Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize (17-Dec-2020)
U.S. Embassy Belmopan Returning To Reduced American Citizen Services
Starting on Monday December 21, 2020 the U.S. Embassy Belmopan Consular Section will be offering only emergency services for American Citizens. Regular passport, notarial and reports of birth are suspended due to the current escalating COVID-19 situation within Belize. All visa services are also suspended at this time.
Currently we can continue to accept and process Adult passport renewals (DS-82), as an in-person interview is not normally required. Please submit your application via Speed It/DHL courier service to renew your passport. Please feel free to contact Speed It/DHL at email@example.com or +501 223-6000.
If you have an emergency need for service please contact us at ACSBelize@state.gov. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to offering all of our services as soon as possible. In the meantime please be safe and follow all Government of Belize COVID-19 guidelines and laws.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
ConsulBelize@state.gov or ACSBelize@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter