Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize (04-MAY-2020)
Event: United Airlines flight UA3023, which departs Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) on Thursday May 7, 2020 at 12:00 noon and arrives in Houston at 15:30 pm, is fully booked. If you are a passenger on this flight, please read the following important information concerning your safe departure from Belize. If you are not a passenger on this flight but are still interested in repatriating to the United States, please skip to step number 5.
- Transportation: The Government of Belize has stated that due to the availability of public transportation options, all passengers must arrange their own travel to PGIA. Please arrive at the airport at least three hours before the flight departs.
- If you wish to fly to PGIA, Tropic Air and Maya Island Air are both operating regular domestic flights, please make your own reservation directly with these airlines.
- Passengers not flying to PGIA must arrange their own transportation by bus, taxi, water taxi, or personal vehicle.
- You must have a copy of your airline reservation in the vehicle to show security personnel at roadblocks.
- You must wear a cloth or surgical mask at all times.
- Ministry of Health: All passengers must wear a cloth or surgical mask at all times including travel to the airport, while you are waiting for your flight, and while you are on the plane. Masks will not be provided for you. Please observe social distancing as much as possible
- Ministry of Immigration: For passengers whose immigration status in Belize has expired, the Ministry of Immigration will be updating your status at PGIA. Please be prepared to pay any associated fees in cash.
- United Airlines: All passengers must pre-check into the flight within 24 hours before flying (any time after 12:00 noon on Wednesday May 6). Please be prepared to pay all luggage and other fees for United Airlines with a credit or debit card online or at the airport upon arrival.
- For Non-passengers: We are aware of many requests for an additional repatriation flight. If you have not previously done so, please enroll in STEP at https://step.state.gov/ and provide your name and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time there are no additional flights confirmed, and STEP is the vehicle for the U.S. Embassy to notify you if one becomes available. Please stay safe and observe all Government of Belize State of Emergency requirements.
The safety and security of American citizens is our highest responsibility. If you have any questions, please contact the U.S. Embassy Belmopan American Citizen Services Unit at ACSBelize@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
ConsulBelize@state.gov or ACSBelize@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Belize Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook