Location: San Pedro, Belize
Event: On December 21st, a group of American citizens were robbed while traveling to a remote location in San Pedro, Belize on a fishing trip. We would like to remind you to remain vigilant, especially during the holiday season.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise increased caution during the holiday season.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Follow all instructions of Belize authorities.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Be vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Read the safety and security section on the Belize Country Specific Information.
Follow us on Facebook.
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address.