Event: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel. Many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice. Airlines have cancelled many international flights and several cruise operators have suspended operations or cancelled trips. If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Belize.
All travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Philip Goldson International Airport in Belize City is currently open however US airlines that provide service are curtailing or cancelling flights in and out of Belize. Below are the customer service numbers and websites to contact major airlines with flights from Belize to the United States.
- American Airlines: AA has announced they will cancel all flights in/out of Belize as of March 26,2020
- 1 800-433-7300 or 1 800-633-3711
- Delta Airlines: Delta has announced they will only provide one flight per day in/out of Belize as of April 1,2020
- 1 800-221-1212
- Southwest Airlines:
- 1 800-435-9792
- United Airlines: UA has announced they will only provide one flight per day in/out of Belize as of April 1,2020
- 1 800-864-8331
Border closings continue as outlined in Belize Ministry of Health Advisory No. 11. The Belize Ministry of Human Development, Social Transformation and Poverty Alleviation advises the public that effective Saturday, March 21, 2020 all daycares will suspend operations until April 20, 2020 when schools are scheduled to reopen.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updated information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
- Floral Park Road, Belmopan, Cayo, Belize