Ask a COVID-19 Question
May 6, 2020
- Belize has had 18 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders with two reported deaths.
- There are currently no active confirmed cases in Belize.
- A State of Emergency was declared April 1, 2020.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- A State of Emergency of 30 days restricting travel and implementing additional social distancing measures was partially lifted. Although certain restrictions were lifted after the 30 days many restrictions still remain in place.
- Borders are currently closed for non-essential services including travel. It is uncertain of when commercial flights will be available out and into Belize.
- Belize established an isolation unit for Belizeans who test positive for COVID-19 and has self-isolation quarantine measures for potential cases.
- The Ministry of Health has been providing information primarily through all social media outlets.
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize (10-MAR-2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), which was first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 110,000 reported cases worldwide per the March 10 World Health Organization report.
The government of Belize has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Belize Ministry of Health http://health.gov.bz/www/ for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.