Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize (10-MAR-2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), which was first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 110,000 reported cases worldwide per the March 10 World Health Organization report.
The government of Belize has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Belize Ministry of Health http://health.gov.bz/www/ for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://bz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Belize.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.