Passport Renewal by Mail
Adult passport holders may renew their 10-year U.S. passports in person or by mail. We reserve the right to request an interview with respect to any passport application. If choosing to apply in person, please schedule an appointment.
To renew your passport by mail:
- Go to pptform.state.gov, follow the Passport Application Wizard which will create a DS-82 form with a BARCODE. Print and sign the application.
- NOTE: If the wizard does not create a DS-82 for you, you are not eligible to renew your passport via mail. Please schedule an appointment to apply in person.
- Gather all required documentation.
- Signed DS-82
- Two recent 2″ x 2″ passport photos. More information here.
- Most recent passport. This passport will be cancelled and returned by mail along with the new passport. Valid visas and immigration stamps in the old passport will not be cancelled.
- One photocopy of your passport bio page.
- Fee payment of $260 BZD.
- Pay the passport application fee via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the embassy.
- Pay by local bank draft made out to ‘U.S. Embassy’ from one of the banks below:
- Atlantic Bank
- Belize Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Arrange for Delivery of your new passport.
- Mail your application package to us via SPEED IT/DHL. Visit a SPEED IT/DHL office to ship your application to us. Our address is:
U.S. Passport Section
U.S. Embassy Belize
4 Floral Park Road
Renewal-by-mail service is NOT available if you are:
- A minor (under 16 years old)
- Replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated passport
- Renewing a 5-year passport.
- Applicants whose passport has been expired for more than five years.
Passport Renewal in Person
NOTE: If you are applying for your child’s first passport and your child was born outside the United States, you must first apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for your child. Please click here for more information on the process to apply for a CRBA.
To apply for any U.S. passport service, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to pptform.state.gov, The Passport Application Wizard will determine and create the relevant form with a BARCODE. Print your passport application on single sided paper for your interview.
[NOTE: The cost and documents required for each application are different. You must read the final page to ensure you bring everything required to your appointment.]
Step 2: Make an appointment online.
Step 4: Arrive at the Embassy for your appointment, remembering to bring originals and photocopies of the required documentation. Each passport case is different; make sure you review your own application as listed in Step 1. In general, you will need:
*If you are unable to complete your passport application via the pptform.state.gov, paper copies will be available at the Embassy. Completing the application the day of your appointment may delay the processing time.